Sometimes simple things around the house can inspire you. Who knew ice cube trays could be this cool?
1. Freshen Your Drain-Fill the tray with white vinegar and citrus peels. Freeze the tray then grind a cube in the garbage disposal when the drain starts to get smelly.
2. Mix Paint-Use the cells to keep colors separate for touch ups and small craft projects.
3. Tame Your Junk Drawer-Collect tiny items that get scattered around the bottom like tacks, paper clips and buttons.
4. Keep Herbs Fresher Longer-Freeze herbs from your garden in oil in the cells so you have and instant start to sauteing foods.
5. Make Wildflower Seed Bombs-Mix two parts potting soil with five parts pottery clay and one part water. Add local, non invasive seeds and press the mixture into the cells. Dry for one or two days and store in a shady place before sowing.
What are some household items you can hack for another purpose?
This blog was inspired by the Ordinary Things section in Woman's Day magazine July/August issue