1. New Stairway Post - Upgrade a plain post on your staircase to a carved or ornate one. This will bring an instant feeling of Old World Charm. You can find old posts in salvage yards and some antique shops.
2. Wallpaper - Adding a deeply embossed wallpaper to a room, or halfway up a wall and finish it off with a chair rail to create a pretty feature.
3. Old Doorknobs - During WWI doorknobs were made of glass because there was a shortage of metal. Look for glass knobs to add to your doors to give this timeless beautiful effect.
4. Change Light Switches - Having plain, white and plastic switches don't give that old charm you want. Buy decorative metal plates with switches for that more luxurious feel.
5. Add a Medallion & a Chandelier - Using a ceiling medallion above a chandelier is another way to give a new home some Old World feel. If you have a large room, you can use this to speak to everyone as they walk in. It will say "you are welcome in this grand room".
Do you have any other ideas to share? Share this blog and comment as to what you added to give your home that Old World Charm.