Some hazards are not so obvious when it comes to our adorable fur babies. Halloween brings a few that you might not have have other times of the year, so WATCH OUT!
Deadly Decor - Candle lights, small plastic bugs and fake cobwebs are great for increasing the scare factor, but, they increase the hazards for your pets. Small plastic items and stringy things can be choking hazards and real candles can be a fire hazard with a rambunctious pet. Keep choking hazards out of reach and opt for battery powered candles instead of real ones.
Frantic Fear - Costumes can bring out the worst in your pets--not by wearing them but by SEEING them. Don't take your pets with you trick-or-treating because a scary mask may bring out aggression or fear to the point they might get away from you and run away or they might hurt someone. Even at home, your costume might be more than they can handle so maybe put them up somewhere before you get ready for that Halloween party.
Sinister Snacks - You have heard that chocolate can be dangerous to your pet, however, even kid friendly healthy snacks like raisins or sugar free candy can be bad for your pet. Raisins can cause kidney failure, while a chemical called xylitol (an ingredient in sugar free candy) can be linked to low blood sugar or liver failure. It is 100 times as deadly as chocolate.
Terrifying Trick-or-Treaters - The doorbell constantly ringing can cause great stress to your pet. So put them up in a back room, farther from the front door to help minimize their stress!
Enjoying the holiday will be a lot more fun when you know your pets are safe!