1. Cheaper to Rent Than to Own - Not true. When you are paying rent you are likely paying what you would pay in a house payment, plus insurance, plus taxes with some added on for the landlord to make some money.
2. Now is a Bad Time to Buy - Not true. There will be low interest rates for a bit still. Should still be a good time for a while.
3. You Need 20% Down - Not true. There are all sorts of different products. Some even with no money down if you qualify. Do your research and see what is the best for your!
4. You Have to Have Excellent Credit to Buy - Not true. Good credit yes, but not perfect.
5. You Can't Get a Mortgage with Student Loan Debt - Not true. It's all about your debt to income ratio, it doesn't matter what type of debt.
6. All Lenders are Created Equal - Not true. Different lenders have different products to offer as well as different fees. It's not all about the interest rates alone!
7. You Should Find Your House Then Apply for a Loan - Not true. It really stinks to find the house of your dreams only to find you can't qualify for that amount of money in a loan. Pre-approval is so important before you look for your new home!