1. House Keys - Today you can have keypad entry or touch ID entry so that new homes may or may not need door keys. However, keys are still used a lot more in homes than a keyless entry.
2. Telephone Jacks - Even if someone asks if the phone jacks work, more times than not the sellers have no idea since they don't use a landline. Landlines are becoming less and less common, so it may not be a standard feature anymore in a newer home.
3. TV Cabinets - So many TVs now are much larger than they used to be and thinner. Using a cabinet to hold it is less important as before. Wall mounts and table top type of TV stands are much more in fashion.
4. Traditional Water Heaters - Tankless water heaters are more efficient and energy saving so they are becoming the new normal especially in new builds.
5. Manual Thermostats - Smart phone controlled thermostats are becoming more and more popular, however there are still others that are manual as well. Some energy companies offer incentives when you install a smart thermostat since you can have it programmed and set to be energy efficient.
6. Gas Ranges - Some are saying that gas ranges are being replaced with induction heating, but Aaron disagrees and still loves cooking with a gas stove and doesn't see them going away anytime soon.
7. Light Switches - Voice Command or automated switches may be in some higher end newly built homes, however it's highly unlikely these will be disappearing completely anytime soon, as well.
8. Power Strips and "Dumb" Outlets - Power outlets are still a necessity, but they may soon be replaced with smart plugs and power strips that are more energy efficient, and let you control power levels with a smartphone or voice control. These are not commonplace yet in the average home and you will still find outlets in new builds as well.
9. Hard Wired Alarm Systems - This is something that is becoming more and more popular. Having an alarm system that is controlled by Wifi and smart phones are easier to install and are generally cheaper than a hard wired system.
10. Standard Doorbells - With so much online shopping going on, so many of us have packages delivered to our doors on a regular basis, having a Ring Doorbell that has a camera so you can see/hear who is at your door are being installed to ensure packages are safe until retrieved is is a super popular option and is replacing the standard doorbell more and more often.